How do you write Ekphrastic Poetry
• Ekphrastic poetry can be done with any existing work of art, from painting to sculpture, to architecture to comic books to a fast-food joint napkin logo, to television and motion pictures.
• Any work of art can of course be taken on many levels. The degree to which a poet wishes to elaborate on such is up to the poet.
• Focus on either the art or the artist behind the piece of art.
• Look at style, color, shape, texture, image, imagery, subject
• Is there a story beyond what you see
• Profound or superficial, elaborate or simple
• Any free verse or form
• Any length
• Rhyme or meter optional
Jazz Trio In Bronze by Michael Romani The Jazz Trio plays witness To the alloy's sordid fitness Bronze played from the heart May not win first place But it stares you right in the face And that's how the music starts It's a mystery, how something so impure Makes the highest level of sculpture But so it is with life that it's the mix That blends so often into the fix That kicks into that something jive That makes us all feel so alive Pressed against the widowed wall Facelessly formed to the witness' recall Each note fitting in a syncopated pocket Puts hair on end like a finger in a socket They played it out in poly-rhythmic detail As the tenor sax notes began to wail Here in this mish mash they assemble Like the combo that they resemble Each catching a falling star into a galaxy Each finding something new to say to me This fine tuned jazz trio in bronze Ugly ducklings that turn notes into swans ... That fly away ... Into the night (c) August 29, 2017 Michael Romani All Rights Reserved